Flegenheimer International clients use us not only because we specialize in perishable products and have 30 years of experience, but also for our other unique company features, such as:
- Single Point-of-Contact – Rather than using a progressive system, where you may be working with several people in the organization for different services, we have one point of contact for our clients. This person receives the documents, does the necessary research, classifies the shipment, inputs into the system, performs the billing, and follows up with the customer. This helps you know who to call if any unforeseeable issues arise.
- Online Tracking – We use online tracking systems to help our clients track their own shipments at the click of a button.
- 24-Hour Service – We are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Your shipments don’t stop arriving, why should we stop working?
- FDA Regulations – Because of our 30+ years of experience in perishable products, we have extensive knowledge of handling FDA regulated merchandise.
- Weekly Meetings – Our company has weekly continuous improvement meetings which ensures we have a high efficiently in our processes and people, and flawless execution for our clients.
- Multi-Lingual – We have the ability to work with clients in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
- In-House Runner – We have an in-house runner that can go to the docks or airport and answer on-site questions for the responsible agency representatives, saving you time in resolving issues.
- Remote Location Filing – We use a system that allows us to file customs entries in all ports in the US.
- Industry Involvement – We are members of several industry organizations including National Fisheries Institute, California Fisheries and Seafood Institute, and National Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Association. In addition, one of our managers co-chairs the FDA committee for Los Angles Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Association.
Flegenheimer International Advantages
Our goal is to provide our clients international cargo with a seamless transition through Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and all other government agencies. We provide service 24 hours , 7 days per week and strive to have your freight cleared and ready to go before it arrives at not only the ports of LAX and Long Beach, but all ports in the United States.
Flegenheimer International is committed to providing customized solutions with proven procedures and controls, coupled with advance information technologies and systems to meet our client’s goals.
With four licensed Customs Brokers and two Certified Customs Specialists (CCS) on staff, we have extensive knowledge in handling all commodities imported to any port in the United States.
Here at Flegenheimer International we believe that 99% is not good enough. Please feel free to call us today for a no cost, obligation free review of your import program. Let us show you how a Customs Broker that doesn’t settle for 99% can help you.
We know that after your freight passes through Customs, it’s not at its final destination. So we can help arrange transportation of your goods, and then monitor the travel, from any US port to its final destination upon request.
In addition, when samples need to be delivered from the airport, we pick them up and deliver to your door or arrange forwarding to another destination.
Remote Location Filing
Are you importing freight into ports other than LAX or the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles? Are using another broker that is not familiar with perishable products or other Government agencies such as FDA, USDA and Fish and Wildlife? Your worries are over. Flegenheimer International can clear your freight in all ports across the United States. This includes all air, ocean and land ports. Some exceptions do apply. For most of those exceptions, we can work with one of our partners in that port to get your freight released. We will still be your contact just as if we were clearing the shipment.